Guiding Light Funerals is committed to providing client families with the highest level of customer service. This also includes in protecting our clients’ privacy. We are bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, (Privacy Amendment Act 2000) which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
The Following is information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to our clients.
- Types of information that we may collect from you
- How do we collect that information
- The purposes for which this information is used
- Details on how you can access your personal details from Guiding Light Funerals;
Your personal information
In order for us (Guiding Light Funerals) to provide information and services relating to a funeral, it may be necessary for us to request from you and to record personal information surrounding the deceased person and related parties.
This information could extend to, however is not limited to; names, dates of birth, address, occupations, telephone/mobile numbers, e-mail addresses, of client families’, etc.
In most cases, you have no obligation to provide any information that may be requested by us. But, if you choose to withhold the requested information, we might not be able to provide you with the funeral related services that depend on the collection of that information.
How Does Guiding Light Funerals collect personal information
In order for Guiding Light Funerals to provide services, products and information to you, we may need to collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Details gathered when a client family makes initial contact with us, enquiring about our services, products, etc.
- Information gathered at the time of the funeral arrangement conference;
- Details collected when contracting for pre-paid / pre-arranged Funeral services;
- From our own records, if having dealt with client family previously, if applicable;
- From third parties, such as and including doctors, hospitals, cemeteries etc, where such information is required to provide funeral or related services.
- From the details family clients provide via email or fax with (such information will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided).
How Does Guiding Light Funerals use your personal information
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:-
- To carry out the services you require and to provide requested information;
- To provide internal statistical analysis;
- Billing and debt recovery functions.
Guiding Light Funerals will only use the personal information you have provided us for the purpose stated or to respond to your enquiry. We will not use it for any other purpose without your written consent. Your personal information will not be provided to any third party, unless it is for the purpose of the services provided and such information is necessary.
Access to your personal information
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold. If you require access to your personal information, please contact our Administration Manager on 1800 053 134 or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.